I’ve only ever used cotton and cotton drill. But I couldn’t resist this pretty piece of jersey at the haberdashery.
I bought it before the surgery (so a few months ago) and I couldn’t figure out what to do with it. In the end I used the shift dress pattern from Sewoverit to make a long slouchy summer dress. It was quite shapeless and not knowing how to make a waistband, ruched a knot at the back to define the waist a little. It sort of worked. I added in the side splits at the last minute and it became incredibly 90s (which I’m not complaining about). It was difficult working with jersey and I had to redo a lot of stitches even in zigzag because it was quite heavy and stretchy. However for my first jersey piece, it’s not bad.